Thursday 5 April 2018

Althea - Bare Essentials


Ever since my skin becomes sensitive and constantly has acne attack, I google a lot about tips in calming skin and reducing breakout. Other than reducing sugar in diet and drinking more water, keeping skincare step as simple as possible is one of the most frequent tips mentioned. I used to exfoliate a lot, mask a lot and put on complicated skincare steps, thinking these would help to recover my skin. Indeed, minimizing skincare steps does help a lot in recovering my skin. I do not exfoliate and cleanse my skin so frequently like last time. Therefore, the latest skincare range from Althea, Bare Essentials definitely suits my current need by keeping just the three most essential skincare steps - cleansing, toning and moisturizing. After Petal Velvet powder, Althea finally launched their very own skincare line, the highly anticipated Bare Essentials.


Bare essentials range consists of three products in minimalist design. They are hypoallergenic and suitable for any skin types. I really love its simple and clean packaging, which is in line with their minimalism skincare concept. 



Contour Cleanser 150g, RM 23.00

 - Densely filled with micro capsules (packed with soothing Ice Plant and detoxifying Lemon Myrtle extracts) that burst upon contact with water to gently cleanse, exfoliate, and detoxify skin. 

 - Promote blood circulation, and reduces bloating and swelling for a defined, enviably slim face shape.


This is product is totally a new product to me as I can never link contouring and cleansing together. It lathers up into a rich foam which cannot be seen on photo as I took the photo a bit later. I can feel the micro capsules in it before lathering up and they disappeared soon after contacting with water. It helps to exfoliate gently with these capsules. Nothing harsh, it is very gentle and no annoying tightening feeling after cleansing. My skin feel smooth and clean. It leaves mild cooling sensation on my skin, which I really like. However, for contouring part, I did not notice any difference but it is still a good cleanser to be used. To be honest, I have stopped to use foam cleanser for quite some time as most of them give me drying and tightening feeling after cleansing. However, my skin is comfortable with this contour cleanser so I might start to use foam cleanser again hahaha. Besides, it is really affordable to get this good cleanser at its price range.


 Primer Water 200mL, RM 43.00

 - Both a hydrating toner and a primer in one

 - Patented dewdrop technology (Macro Fluidic Dispersion technology) that gently fills the gaps between pores and allows hydration to penetrate deep within the layers of the skin

 - Made with Snow Lotus extracts, which give an incredibly smooth and silky texture that enhances the skin’s natural glow.


Unlike water-based toner, it has thick consistency. It is absorbed well and leave smooth and silky finish on face, just like what a primer is capable to do. You can apply foundation straightaway after applying this primer water, your make up would definitely stay longer. It combines toner and primer in one, which would cut down time and steps needed to complete skincare. Simplifying the sophisticated 10-step Korean skincare routine into 3 essential steps would not be easy but I think they did a pretty good job in it. Plus, it smells really pleasant that I cannot stop sniffing. 


Fixer Cream 50g, RM 50.00

 - Non-oily, quick-absorbing formula with Trehalose, an ingredient found in the cactus plant that prevents its moisture loss, to provide the skin with 24-hour hydration. 

 - Rich in antioxidants derived from green tea seed oil.

 - Promote collagen regeneration using Baobab Tree extracts.


I have a lot of concerns when purchasing moisturizer for my acne-prone skin. It should be non-comedogenic, non-oily and light. This fixer cream would be my favorite product among three. It has light cream texture which I really like. Spreading it on skin is so easy and it would not leave sticky and oily finish on skin. It is refreshing after applying, leaving velvety yet hydrating sensation. My skin feels supple and smooth and again this smells really good like the other two products! It leave a light refreshing green tea scent on skin.

In overall, I am really satisfied with this range of products. No doubt, I really love its simple and clean minimalism packaging. Its high quality functionality and friendly price point would make me consider re-purchasing. My skin does not flare up after application of this range of products. I am really happy to see this kind of result. After all, this range is worth-trying and purchasing is so easy as this is product from Althea, the Korea's premier online beauty shopping destination. Simply log on to Althea website and happy shopping! Moreover, Althea is giving out an additional 10% off with a free special edition mirror if you purchase now! Visit their website now!

Website: www.althea.kr

























No comments:

Post a Comment